German models have less power ?

This board should be in english only and contains everything worth to discuss.
Gast

German models have less power ?

Beitragvon Gast » Di Mai 23, 2006 12:40

Hi,

I just bought a nice XT, originaly from Germany. If I understand right, the German models have less power (27) than in some other countries like France (32). Can anyone tell me how to get the "normal" power back ? What to transform ? What to do ?

Merci !
Antoine, France

pointer
XT500-Online-Berater
XT500-Online-Berater

Beitragvon pointer » Di Mai 23, 2006 14:39

Salut Antoine,

the reduction was due to insurance-cost reasons and achieved by an adapter between carburetor and cylinder with a smaller outlet plus a slightly smaller main jet in the carburetor. You may either buy an "open" adapter (for example at www.kedo.de ) or just cut your reduced one "open". The jet size for the "open" version is 230 (same source for purchase: kedo). Just check the size of your current main jet, it's imprinted on it (would be usually 220)

P.
Ottos Enduro-Mops hopst ...

Gast

Merci !

Beitragvon Gast » Di Mai 23, 2006 19:11

Cool Pointer, thank you so much for your quick and precise answer !

I am just an XT beginner, but do not hesitate to e-mail me if you plan any trip around the South of France; I am in Marseille. amouries at free.fr

Ciao.
Antoine

pointer
XT500-Online-Berater
XT500-Online-Berater

Beitragvon pointer » Di Mai 23, 2006 20:07

Was my pleasure, Antoine :zustimm:

and thanks for the invitation. Anyway, allow me a good advice: edit your last posting and remove your clear-script email-address (delete it or replace it with something like amouries(at)free.fr )
Reason: there's a big bunch of electronic search bots roaming the net, collecting clear-script e-mail addresses, just for making sure that you'll never ever miss again any exciting advertisement in the future ... :D

cheers, P.

ulrich
XT500-Online-Berater
XT500-Online-Berater

Hello !

Beitragvon ulrich » Mi Mai 24, 2006 11:30

Welcome, Antoine.
Watch out for the postings of Jeanjean , another frenchman -living in germany- .
Geschwindigkeit stabilisiert

Jayceee

Not found

Beitragvon Jayceee » Mo Jul 17, 2006 11:52

Hi
My XT is a 1982 model and I've had it for almost 20 years now.
When I bought it, it was reduced and I've tried to have it set back to normal at a special motorcycle garage. There they've told me that there could be diffent things done with the bike and even if they found the right spot, I wouldn't matter much in speed in the end.
So I left it the way it is.

lorry
Gelegenheitsposter
Gelegenheitsposter

Re: Not found

Beitragvon lorry » Mi Apr 11, 2007 13:41

Hi
My XT is a 1982 model and I've had it for almost 20 years now.
When I bought it, it was reduced and I've tried to have it set back to normal at a special motorcycle garage. There they've told me that there could be diffent things done with the bike and even if they found the right spot, I wouldn't matter much in speed in the end.
So I left it the way it is.
That's not my experience! My XT is from 1981 and after removing the reducing, it ran faster and faster. Before, it drove only 125 km/h and after it increased it's top speed more and more up to 155 km/h! That's really true! :gut:
Lorry

TT Georg
Fleißiger Forums-Guru
Fleißiger Forums-Guru
Beitragvon TT Georg » Mi Apr 11, 2007 22:09

greetings from Kamen to Werne....

georg
Wenn mir als 18jähriger im Jahr 1988 gesagt hätte, das ich dieses 40 Jahre alte Moped fahren soll um cool zu sein, dann haetten ich wohl ganz brav den Mittelfinger gehoben und auf den hobeln aus 1948 gezeigt. Vergiss es.

speedphreax
Gelegenheitsposter
Gelegenheitsposter

Beitragvon speedphreax » Mi Apr 25, 2007 13:18

I have one more question about this... I tried running my finger on the inside of the adapter and there I could not feel any restrictions. The adapter is (more or less) the same size as the inlet channel. I guess this means my XT is unrestricted?
Kneedown is for pussies...

pointer
XT500-Online-Berater
XT500-Online-Berater

Beitragvon pointer » Mi Apr 25, 2007 14:08

Hi speedphreax,

you must have been able to see the inside of the adapter if you were able to get your finger inside. The constriction is pretty obvious and conical. You've got the unrestricted version (or, alternatively, a restricted adapter that saw a good slice with a sharp knife, which is also fine) if the bore of your adapter is cylindrical, i.e. same diameter on both ends.

regards, P.

Zurück zu „International“